Vacancy - IT Support Operative (Primary Schools)
Impelling Solutions is a digital agency based on the Rotherham/Sheffield border specialising in IT Support for business and education, websites, and bespoke software solutions. Our team consists of individuals with broad and varied skill sets and roles, but we're all united by a passion for IT.
Your role at Impelling will be a full time IT Support Operative with a focus on supporting primary schools.
This will involve visiting two schools per day to work through and troubleshoot IT issues. You will need to have good communication and time management skills as you'll be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with school staff as well as working under pressure in the hectic school environment.
Experience providing IT support to education is a bonus, but we will make sure we familiarise you with the school setups and workflows before providing support. Most of the schools you'll be interacting with are located in the Doncaster and Rotherham areas, so locality/familiarity with one or both of these is also a bonus.
The role is subject to you completing an enhanced DBS check, and we require you to have a fully licensed and insured vehicle to travel between customer sites.
- 37.5 weekly working hours Mon - Fri
- 28 days paid holiday (we prefer this be taken during school holidays)
- The ability to maintain a consistent professional image and represent the company well.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to liaise and inform various stakeholders, mainly with school personnel (head teachers, business managers, teaching staff) and Local Authority staff.
- The ability to downscale technical language and explain IT issues to non-technical people without the use of jargon.
- The ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships with the relevant parties, while acting as a brand ambassador for the company.
- Time management skills are essential, due to the logistical nature of the role.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision, and to prioritise your own workload based on task importance and urgency.
- Teamwork: able to fit into a team, communicate and assist your peers. A lot of this will be done remotely as you'll be in schools rather than in the office.
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm, ideally with a genuine interest in IT and technology.
- Willingness to learn, improve and undertake IT training / qualifications.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a 1st or 2nd line support role.
- An understanding of computer systems in general, backed up by a strong knowledge of troubleshooting methodologies.
- Knowledge of server technologies including, but not limited to: Windows Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019, server RAID arrays, server backups, managing Active Directory tree, Group Policy, server permissions.
- A strong understanding of virtualised environments. Microsoft Hyper-V is our most common platform.
- Understanding of small to medium-sized networks - TCP/IP, managed switches, cabling, wireless technologies, filtering systems.
- An ability to work with various remote solutions e.g. Remote Desktop, Logmein.
- An ability to set up and troubleshoot Audio Visual equipment (touchscreen boards, projectors, speaker systems, amplifiers) and various IT peripherals.
- Experience in working with a wide range of office printers (software and hardware installation, centralised deployment, troubleshooting).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a 1st / 2nd line support role.
- Knowledge of Windows OS structured deployment (WDS, cloning technologies, general imaging).
- Experience in working with VMware technologies (ESXi, Workstation).
- A methodical approach to data recovery tasks (offline access to internal storage media, lost partition retrieval, file system repair).
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and management platforms, such as Microsoft 365, Google Admin, MDM solutions.
- In-depth hardware troubleshooting skills (diagnose internal faults & component replacement).
- Knowledge of bulk managing Apple devices through Apple configurator, MDM Solutions etc.
- Some experience managing content using WordPress or similar tools.
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Company events & social hours
£18,000-£23,000 per year
We have a designated team that keep up to date with all the latest advice and adapt the businesses operations accordingly.
We've carried out extensive risk assessments and have processes in place within our office, and for the site visits we undertake
- IT Support: 2 years (Preferred)
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with an attached copy of your CV and a summary of your recent experience.
Please do not contact us if you are a recruitment agency. We will not accept unsolicited calls or emails from agents looking to fill this role on our behalf.